Thursday 3 September 2009

Album Reviews


I'm going to start posting regular to semi-regular album reviews and recommended listening on here.

My knowledge of musical theory and technical aspects of music is limited to a primary school level and all the extra things you pick up being a passionate and avid listener/follower/collector of music... so pretty piss poor in other words.

Therefore my reviews/opinions will be based purely on sounds, feelings and moods - and technical comments will be made only where I feel I can pull it off without sounding like someone who's talking shit and trying way too hard. These things, when it comes down to it, seem to be the more important anyway.

One thing I can't often stand is negative album reviews. You don't tend to see it in music blogs which is great, mainly because the writer is picking to review material which they want to review, not because someone has sent it to them for that purpose. This is how it will work; if I get an album and don't like it, I certainly won't be listening to it again, but at the same time I'm not going to tell you in great detail why I didn't like it, because that would involve me dissecting something I don't like, which is just plain painful. And the point of this will be to tell whoever is reading what I think is an album worthy of their acquisition, and for what reasons this is based on - not what not to listen to and why not - seems pointless.

Anywho, thats about it. Should be updating soon. First up for review will either be brokenCYDEs new record, or maybe Waking The Cadavers. (lul) Or maybe a top 500 tracks of the decade before the decades even over... but with really horrible tracks (mostly) instead of deserving tracks - oh wait, some idiots have already done that. Dayum.

No comments:

Post a Comment